Yes, this is mandatory. You must own the Master rights in order to be allowed to monetize a recording on YouTube.
Articles in this section
- Can all type of songs be monetized with Content ID?
- How long does it take to setup a VEVO account with your VEVO channel option?
- I received a copyright claim on my YouTube video, is it normal?
- What are VEVO video thumbnails specifications?
- What are video files specifications for uploading to VEVO?
- What info shall I send you for creating a VEVO channel?
- What is VEVO?
- What is YouTube Content ID and how does it work?
- What is YouTube monetization?
- What percentage do you take on YouTube monetization revenues?