Rights determine how you’re compensated for your tracks.
There are two different kinds types of rights:
Master Recording Rights = rights to the recording of a track
- All recording rights have an associated ISRC (International Standard Recording Code) which means they can be permanently identified across any format, distribution channel or product.
- It’s essential that a track only has one ISRC associated with it.
- Rightsholders can license tracks for other uses
- Please use an existing ISRC for licensed tracks
- Do not create a duplicate ISRC if you don’t have the original
Publishing Rights = rights to the musical work, not the recording
- Includes lyrics, notations and compositions